Dry Deluge Testing
Dry Deluge Testing - Deluge systems, water spray systems, watermist systems, foam systems and compressed-air-foam systems require yearly mandatory testing. Since these open extinguishing systems are the primary care in case of fire, their testing is a necessary requirement for both personnel and equipment (and environment).
Testing of Deluge systems, water spray systems, watermist systems, foam systems and compressed-air-foam systems in the regular way causes an array of problems and difficulties.
• It is a very time consuming process;
• Wet testing is a costly maintenance routine;
• Wet testing causes corrosion and/or salt crystallization and growth of MIC (Microbiologically Influenced Corrosion) in flow pipes and nozzles;
• Spray of sea water over the entire production facility is a hazard for the expensive processing equipment;
• The high volume of waste water will flood the sump tanks;
• During testing the production process of oil and gas may be subject to an inadvertent shutdown due to water ingress and subsequent business loss.
Siron Dry Deluge Testing meets the criteria stipulated by:
- • NFPA 25 Chapters 8, 10, 11, 13
- • FM Global Datasheets 2-81, chapters 2.3.4, 2.3.5, 2.3.8, 2.3.14, tables 3 and 6
- • CCV Technisch Bulletin 80
- • Norsok S-001-Technical Safety, chapter 20.4.4
- • European Commission – The Offshore Installations (Offshore Safety Directive) (Safety Case etc.) Regulations 2015
The patented Dry Deluge Test from SIRON Fire Protection Services eliminates many of the regular problems. It uses an environmentally friendly, non toxic pressurised vapor instead of sea water. Any flow problem in pipes and nozzles are quickly identified and remedial work can be completed in an easy and cost reducing way. SIRON Fire Protection Services will bring a fully equipped container on board of the platform. This work platform contains its own independent vacuum compressor, the Dry Deluge Test facility and tools & equipment for immediate repair of the deluge system.
Dry Deluge Testing Offshore Video
To protect the deluge system and the expensive production equipment underneath from the issue of water ingress, we do test deluge systems without salt water.
Through thorough testing of our witnessed vapor tests results are equal against the equivalent full wet tests.
Dry Deluge Test Explanation Video
SIRON Offshore Services offers a Dry Deluge Test. No sea water prevents corrosion in piping and the surrounding infrastructure on installations and plant.
Wet Deluge Testing
In order to have the required amount of water in deluge systems in case of fire to meet the hydraulic demand, yearly, 3-yearly or 5-yearly wet testing is required. SIRON Fire Protection Services guarantees a free flow of water by testing your deluge system in the traditional (wet) way.
Well trained and skilled SIRON employees test the entire system by a thorough inspection of all sections within the complete system. In case of damage or flow problems the SIRON crew will clean or replace certain parts. Nozzle pressures, volumetric flows and density application rates are all checked together and the repairs are logged into the extensive SIRON Wet Deluge Test report.
Need more information?
Contact us directly by phone for more information about Dry Deluge Testing . Our telephone service extends 24/7, so please do not hesitate to contact us.
USA (832) 239-5351, AUS 08 9468 0400, UK 020 3287 2555,
NL +31 53 750 30 44.
You can also fill out our online contact form, and we will call you as soon as possible.
Learn more about the system that suits your installation best.